Sunday, September 22, 2024

A Caravan with Wings

Travelling in a caravan does not appeal to me. When we were younger we took a couple of family holidays in a campervan; after those trips I decided that sleeping in a bed on wheels was not for me.

When we travelled around Southern Africa several years ago we hopped from place to place in a bedless caravan, the Cessna Caravan, a rather basic aircraft. While I am not fond of one engine aircraft this plane got us safely from destination to destination more comfortably and quickly than the on road in a 4WD vehicle.

Our Caravan in Botswana

On our recent trek across Arnhem Land it was a relief to travel our last leg from Seven Spirit Bay to Darwin in a Cessna Caravan after eleven days of travel in an Outback Spirit Truck.

The terminal at Seven Spirit Bay

The pilot (centre) and ground crew prepare for the flight

The Caravan is ready for boarding

Fluffy seat covers add to the comfort, aisles are narrow
and leg room is minimal

Happy Caravanners

The views from this low-flying Caravan are spectacular




2 comments:

  1. Jill, I don't share your brave gene, just looking at this plane makes me nervous. I'm so glad you enjoyed your trip. x

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say so I encourage you to say G'day in comments on my posts.

Sorry I have turned word verification on but I am just getting too much spam to allow comments without this feature.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...