Sunday, July 2, 2023

A Semester of Reading 2023

I signed up for a few reading challenges at Goodreads but have ditched a couple of the Australian Challenges I joined there as they didn't suit my style. 

I am pleased to report that I have just managed to keep up with my goal for the general Goodreads 2023 Reading Challenge. As we have a lot of travel coming up in the second semester of 2023 I will find it difficult to maintain my commitment to reading.

When I peruse the following list I see that I've had a bias towards books featuring female protagonists, I've read many titles loosely related to genealogy and added a good measure of crime/murder/mystery to my reading conquests. Every so often my past interest as a children's and school librarian comes to the fore and I read a children's picture book, I love this genre.

2023 Reading Challenge
2023 READING
CHALLENGE
Participants6,515,599
Books Pledged279,479,117
Avg. Books Pledged42
Time Left182 days, 6 hours
You have read 66 of 120 books in 2023.
YOUR 2023 BOOKS
  • A History of English Place Names and Where They Came From by John Moss
  • The Last Of The Bonegilla Girls by Victoria Purman
  • That Bligh Girl by Sue      Williams
  • Rosetta by Alexandra Joel
  • Return to Valetto by Dominic Smith
  • The White Lady by Jacqueline Winspear
  • The Second Mrs. Astor by Shana Abe
  • Our Dog Knows Words by Peter Gouldthorpe
  • Precious and the Monkeys by Alexander McCall Smith
  • The Pride by Tony Park
  • This Side of Murder by Anna Lee Huber
  • One by Jamie Oliver
  • Wartime at Bletchley Park by Molly Green
  • Ardnish by Angus  MacDonald
  • Alfie's Big Wish by David Hardy
  • Enid Blyton by Stoney
  • Mrs Harris Goes to Moscow by Paul Gallico
  • Death at the Belvedere by Sue    Williams
  • Peony by Pearl S. Buck
  • Dirt Town by Hayley Scrivenor
  • Flesh and Blood by Stephen McGann
  • The Space Between the Stars by Indira Naidoo
  • Murder at the Serpentine Bridge by Andrea Penrose
  • The Bullet That Missed by Richard Osman
  • The Bullet That Missed by Richard Osman
  • A Migrating Bird by Elif Shafak
  • The Book Woman's Daughter by Kim Michele Richardson
  • It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover
  • The Mountains Sing by Nguyễn Phan Quế Mai
  • The Soulmate by Sally Hepworth
  • The Little Girl Who Could Not Cry by Lidia Maksymowicz
  • Journey to Munich by Jacqueline Winspear
  • The Accidental Archivist by Angela Bier
  • The Other Side of the Coin by Angela   Kelly
  • Murder in Williamstown by Kerry Greenwood
  • The Wonderful World of James Herriot by James Herriot
  • All Mixed Up by Jason Om
  • The Girl in His Shadow by Audrey  Blake
  • The War Librarian by Addison Armstrong
  • Flesh Wounds by Richard Glover
  • The French Agent by Belinda Alexandra
  • The Map Thief by Michael Blanding
  • The Unheard by Nicci French
  • The Crimson Thread by Kate Forsyth
  • The Personal Assistant by Kimberly Belle
  • The Blackout Book Club by Amy Lynn Green
  • My Dream Time by Ash Barty
  • The Cellar by Minette Walters
  • F is for Fugitive by Sue Grafton
  • E is for Evidence by Sue Grafton
  • London's No 1. Dog-Walking Agency by Kate MacDougall
  • The Highland Girls at War by Helen  Yendall
  • Night Shift by Robin Cook
  • All My Mothers by Joanna Glen
  • Bulldozed by Niki Savva
  • Just Another Week in Suburbia by Les Zig
  • The Man Who Died Twice by Richard Osman
  • Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? by Bill Martin Jr.
  • Summer in the City by Fiona   Collins
  • Day's End by Garry Disher
  • Interned by Pamela Rushby
  • The Very Lonely Firefly by Eric Carle
  • The Magdalen Girls by V.S. Alexander
  • C Is for Corpse by Sue Grafton
  • Salonika Burning by Gail Jones
  • The White Tiger by Aravind Adiga

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say so I encourage you to say G'day in comments on my posts.

Sorry I have turned word verification on but I am just getting too much spam to allow comments without this feature.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...