Sunday, July 24, 2016

Faith in Iceland

On our tour of Iceland I learnt that the major religion followed by about 80% of the population is Lutheran. As we drove around I saw churches in all shapes and sizes. I am not sure, however, which denominations are represented in the following photos. 


A small church in Akureyri

Snapped out the car window

Shrouded in mist at Reynisfjara

A modern church at Dalsa

Hallgrimskirkja is a modern cathedral in Reykjavik

A church in Isafjordur

Reykjavík Cathedral was consecrated in 1796

A pretty blue church in the port of Seydisfjordur

Church and Graveyard at Hafnir

Snapped on the road to Geysir

We enjoyed a musical performance at the church in Bolungarvik

This church at Eyjafjörður was closed

Imposing Lutheran church in Akureyri



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say so I encourage you to say G'day in comments on my posts.

Sorry I have turned word verification on but I am just getting too much spam to allow comments without this feature.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...