Wednesday, November 6, 2013

From where I sit...

Through my window
... I look out a window onto our back garden that contains quite a few Gum (Eucalypt) trees.

This morning I glanced out and saw one of the many  Kookaburras that inhabits our garden sitting on the branch of a tree. The photo I took of this proud bird is not too clear as my window is rather dusty.

What immediately came to mind was the Kookaburra song I learnt as a child :

Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree,
Merry merry king of the bush is he.
Laugh, Kookaburra, laugh, Kookaburra,
Gay your life must be!

Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree,
Eating all the gum drops he can see.
Stop Kookaburra, stop Kookaburra
Save some there for me!
 
Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree,
Counting all the monkeys he can see.
Laugh Kookaburra, laugh Kookaburra
That's not a monkey, that's me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say so I encourage you to say G'day in comments on my posts.

Sorry I have turned word verification on but I am just getting too much spam to allow comments without this feature.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...