Tuesday, February 7, 2012

The Water Demon

 7 February 2012

Our excursion today took us a few miles away from the port in Key West, Florida to meet the Water Demon and take our White Knuckle Thrill Boat Ride.

I enjoyed this excursion where we were lifejacketed and restrained in a jet boat, the Water Demon, for an exploration of the sparkling clear waters around Key West. I admit to uttering a few screams as the boat twisted and turned and did a 360 degree spin. As we sped along we got to see lovely beaches and waterfront resorts while learning a few facts about the history of the area.

Our thrill ride in the Water Demon

I love the feeling of having a breeze blow through my hair while on the water on a warm day. This excursion was right up my alley and I would happily sign up again if I find myself on a Regent cruuise that stops in Key West.

Safety briefing

Clear waters


We avoided the telegraph poles

The smile didn't leave my face for the whole ride

A perfect day

Refreshing spray

A resort and sandy beach


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say so I encourage you to say G'day in comments on my posts.

Sorry I have turned word verification on but I am just getting too much spam to allow comments without this feature.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...