Tuesday, November 19, 2013

First $1000

This morning I have a big smile on my face because I have reached a milestone in my support of the charity Kiva. As you can see from my lender portfolio page below I have now lent $US1000 to entrepreneurs in third world countries for an investment of just $US332; that money has helped 40 people improve their lives.


My latest loans were to Sulita in Samoa and Ana Elizabeth in El Salvador. It gives one such a buzz to help out these workers who don't enjoy the lifestyle we take for granted in Australia.

At the moment generous benefactors are supporting free $25 loans to new users to try out Kiva. It will only cost you a few minutes to help some one out. Here is your invitation:
http://www.kiva.org/invitedby/jill4772

I am a member of the 275 member Genealogists for Families team on Kiva made up of genealogists from around the globe (but with a strong Australian representation) who loan because "we care about families (past, present and future)." When you join Kiva we would welcome you to our team.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say so I encourage you to say G'day in comments on my posts.

Sorry I have turned word verification on but I am just getting too much spam to allow comments without this feature.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...