Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Drive By Photography

I love taking photos when we are travelling along various highways and byways and Mr Geniaus likes to drive along making minimal stops. If we stopped every time I wanted to take a photo we'd probably never get where we are going.

On our trip from Sydney to Wagga Wagga via Canberra yesterday I took more than a few snaps from the car; many of them were actually in focus but they are definitely snapshots not beautifully composed compositions. They are, however, great reminders for me of the various trips we take.

Here's some drive by photography from yesterday.

There is wattle everywhere - no wonder I sneezed so much

Hope the Esky was still  there when these folk stopped for lunch

We only saw one Police Car on the trip

Why do road signs get in the way of my photos?

It was the coldest weather we've experienced all winter

The sun was shining and the skies were blue

Lake George was dry as usual

Another street sign at The Australian War Memorial

Clouds are gathering

So many big transports - why can't we use more trains  for transporting goods?

And the rain came down

On the road at Gundagai

An Aussie farmhouse 



3 comments:

  1. Thanks for share this post I also share with you something hope you like my post. love this question because I love working with photographers who have successful commercial practices. There are a number of reasons. One is happiness. Photographers who have a financially successful career are a pleasure to deal with. They eat lunch regularly. When money is not an issue, we can do the show and make stuff happen. It can be a problem when a photographer is very, very, busy – but there is more of a problem if the collaboration and the dialogue isn’t respected. If I say I don’t like something, I won’t say it lightly so we should listen to each other. Absolute single mindedness doesn’t help either the artist of the dealer. I can really finesse an artist’s situation. That has value. The fuller a photographer’s practice is, meaning commercial, editorial, exhibition, publication, etc. the better the work will be. This imagined separation of church and state is blind. Get the money. Don’t whore yourself out, but make stuff happen. Thanks
    Lifestyle photographer London

    ReplyDelete
  2. After all these years and you haven't trained him better Jill?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pauleen, Cana't teach an old dog new tricks.

    Jill

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say so I encourage you to say G'day in comments on my posts.

Sorry I have turned word verification on but I am just getting too much spam to allow comments without this feature.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...